Absentee Readers' Advisory in Fall Creek

Thanks to Jenna Gilles-Turner for the guest post!


Boys reading
I have been trying to help youth even when I am not in the library. I have come up with various ways to help kids find books on our shelves and with reader's advisory. I've come up with some "If You Liked XYZ, Now Try ABC" bookmarks - I have Judy Moody, Geronimo Stilton, Star Wars, and Magic Tree House because these are our most popular series. I stick one or two in the books on the shelves and also have them available on my desk.

I am also working on reader's advisory paint stick labels. They will be stuck near popular series and authors and include 3-6 other series or authors they might enjoy. Not all are found in our library so if somebody has not made use of the MORE catalog, they might be encouraged to do so. I also have bookmarks with adult and child-friendly reader's advisory websites that people can use when we are closed. They have been flying off our circulation desk. They are nothing fancy, but folks seem to appreciate them.  If you'd like to see them, you can contact me at jgilles @ fallcreekpubliclibrary.org.


Down the road, I will do something similar with the juvenile non-fiction section, too. Our everybody non-fiction and young adult non-fiction sections are too small for this.

Labels: