Welcome!

Welcome to this latest attempt to connect librarians from west-central Wisconsin with each other! Please send in content (booklists, ideas, photos, etc.), and comment on posts so we can help each other. If you were using feedmyinbox to get new posts sent to you before, you'll need to switch to another service (blogtrottr works like feedmyinbox, googlereader is a good blog-reader to try).







Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Science Kits Grant

The Insitute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)--Chicago Section is offering grants of $2000 to public libraries in the Midwest to create science kits that provide experiments for use by students and educators. The Mount Prospect Public Library in Illinois did a pilot project of creating these kits--you can check here for a news video about their project.

For more information about the project, application requirements, etc., you can check the IEEE's website, or send an email to Amy Killebrew at sciencekits@ieeechicago.org. Applications will be accepted between October 1 and November 15.


I am considering applying for a grant to create kits here to lend out to libraries to use with homeschool groups, after school programs, and the like. Do you think this is a good idea?? We'd do some training on how to use the kits as part of the project.

Let me know what you think! I won't go to the trouble of applying for the grant if I don't hear from you that this is a good idea.


6 comments:

  1. Yes, very cool, let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please apply! I forwarded the PUBYAC listing to our director to see if we wanted to apply, but your idea would work better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous--please drop me a line and let me know who you are and where you work! Then I'll add you to my list of supporters.

    langby@ifls.lib.wi.us or
    iflsyouth@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea Leah. Please think about applying for the grant. Keep us posted!

    Lisa
    Colfax

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds great, Leah! sorry I am a little behind. I appreciate all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! This sounds great Leah. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete