Power to School Librarians!

Budget cuts in school districts lead to some bad situations for school libraries--and the students and teachers who use them. This amazing letter by a first grader in Bloomington, Indiana was published in The Herald Times on April 6, and reprinted in a post to CCBC-Net:
Dear the government,

I don't like that you're firing our school librarians. I am a first-grader at Childs school, and I think that Ms. Williams is a great librarian. She reads wonderful stories, and her voice goes up when it is supposed to and down when it is supposed to.

She helps me find books and makes me interested in reading and makes books exciting for me. Ms. Williams makes us feel special. She knows each kid's name.

Childs school will never be the same without Ms. Williams in the library. Why are you firing our school librarians?

Anna W.

Labels: , ,